Visit www.nrcs.usda.gov for more information.
EQIP FUNDS AVAILABLE FOR AIR QUALITY IMPROVEMENTS
Growers have until May 26 to apply for technical and financial assistance from Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) to upgrade equipment or implement practices that result in improved air quality. Although applications are accepted year-round, the next funding decisions will be made after the May 26 cutoff date. The funding is available through NRCS’s Environmental Quality Incentive Program (EQIP) to:
- Replace old diesel-powered equipment with the cleanest Tier emissions-certified diesel engines
- Replace irrigation engines with new electric motors or new Tier 4 emissions-certified diesel engines
- Adopt no-till or reduced-till practices
- Stabilize unpaved roads and traffic areas to limit dust
- Chip debris from orchard removals
- Use safe handling and disposal of chemically treated wooden stakes
- Use low-dust nut harvesting equipment
Contact your nearest USDA Service Center for more information, or visit the NRCS EQIP web page.